10.21.2014

Send In The Clowns


Welcome to the Art Anthology/Altered Pages Blog Swap. We’ve partnered with each other these last few weeks of October to offer you lots of inspiration using products from Art Anthology and Altered Pages.

Hi Everyone,
Monica D here to share my October project with you.

I went with a Circus theme for this project with Altered Pages. First you will find links to the products I used from both Art Anthology and Altered Pages

Art Anthology products used.
Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paint in Mayan Gold
Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional Paint in Coral
Art Anthology Colorations Spray in Raider

Altered Pages products used.
Rubber Stamp: Muse Circus Time
Collage Pages: Greatest Show On Earth
Collage Pages : Victorian Clowns


I used a ziplock sandwich box as my project base. I Gesso'd the inside and outside with 2 coats of Art Anthology Gesso.




After that dried I freehand painted stripes in the Art Anthology Dimensional paints Mayan Gold and Coral. 2 coats of each. I wasn't worried about it being perfect because I wanted it to look like a weathered circus tent.



Next I sprayed the inside of the ziplock box with Art Anthology Colorations Spray in Raider.

I printed out a black and white polka dot background and cut it to fit in the back of the box.

Next I used the circus tent stamp from the Muse Circus Time stamp set to create one large circus tent to frame the front of the ziplock box...


I stamped my pattern on cardstock using Red StazOn ink pad then I painted over the stamped image with  Art Anthology Mayan Gold, Then I cut it out and glued it to the front of my box.

Next I cut out the clown images I wanted to use from the Collage Papers listed above, then glued them into place.



I used a piece of black and white checkered duct tape for the bottom part of the box.

I had a lot of fun making this piece.

Here are some pictures of the finished project.







Check back with us every day for more inspirational projects.
There will be an Art Anthology/Altered Pages Prize Pack given away to one of our lucky commentors, so make sure you comment each day on both the Art Anthology and Altered Pages blog! And don’t forget to visit the Altered Pages Facebook page and tell them Art Anthology sent you.
Don’t forget to follow both companies on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Art Anthology: http://www.pinterest.com/artanthology/ 
Altered Pages: http://www.pinterest.com/djean_moore/

No comments:

Post a Comment