1.15.2014

Genuinely Jane Studios Design Team project...Hot Air Balloons

Hey everyone...Monica here...

So I'm super excited to show you all my first project for Genuinely Jane Studio's Design Team.

I used the Hot Air Balloon album to make these 3 air balloons.

The first one is Journey.

I didn't have to do anything to prepare the album. It is nice and smooth and I knew I would be gluing the paper on the wood.

I started by tracing the shape of the Air Balloon onto printer paper. I then drew out the lines and bottom part.

I had some paper I had picked up at Hobby Lobby (the blue/greenish paper) and I traced the basic shape of the balloon then cut it out.

I then cut each individual ruffle of the top part of the balloon from a border paper by Crate Paper. I layered the cut paper onto the blue paper, then cut the edges away. I then just used mod podge to adhere it to the wood base.I picked up some chain at Walmart in their craft section and I used the for the oval above the basket and the chains on the balloon. I then glued Tim Holtz gears above the chains. I used a scrap piece of burlap and created the basket  then glued a couple of gears and a charm to that. I used my dymo labeler and put JOURNEY under the Tim Holtz metal piece at the top of the balloon.








































The second balloon I did is Love.

I used papers from a paper pad I have had for a long time. I used a spray adhesive to adhere this paper as it was thinner and I didn't want it to buckle. I then used some open weave mesh and applied it to the top part of the balloon, and a scrap piece of a brown mesh for the edging and started layering the rose and floral cutouts on top of that. I used a cotton ribbon for the balloon wires and the same metal chain for the ring.The roses along the trim are from The Paper Studio. The charm and chain are Tim Holtz. I created the basket from a scrap piece of raw canvas and some lace.





















The third balloon I did is SOAR.

All of the butterflies are hand cut by me. The background paper is from loose stock at hobby lobby. I adhered this paper with spray adhesive as well. I then just started layering the butterflies. Had so much fun. I used the chain from Walmart, then created the basket from burlap and some crochet trim. The butterfly charm is actually a piece of Jewelry from the Journey collection at Hobby Lobby.

The back of each balloon has lined scrap paper and I am going to journal about Journey, Love and what makes me Soar, then they will hang from the ceiling in my studio. 






































I will be doing the 4th balloon as well and it will be Dream. I will post pictures when I get that done.

I hope this project inspires you to go make a beautiful mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment