8.21.2014

It's Back To School Time....

Hi Everyone,
Monica D here with my Art Anthology Back To School project....
I really had to think inside and outside of the box for this one...haha...
First I will show you the Art Anthology products I use. Then list some other things I used as well.
Spplies for Art BoxAlong with the colors listed above, I used Art Anthology Colorations in Timeless to create a bit of an aged look. I also used the Art Anthology Gesso. I used some Tim Holtz inks in Rusty Hinge and Barn Red, some Thickers Alphabet letters, and some rub ons.
Here are some shots of my completed project.
Complete 2Complete 3Complete 4Complete 5
Now let me show you my process...
I started with a wooden box that I bought at Hobby Lobby.
First thing I did was Gesso the entire box inside and out. Then I decided on the colors I wanted to use.
First I painted the lid and the sides of the lid with Lemon Tart
Art Box 1
Next I painted the front and back of the bottom part of the box with Fiji, and the left and right sides with Desire.
Art Box 2Art Box 3
Time for some texture. I used a heavy modeling paste and a stencil to add a really cool affect to the outside edges of the top of the box.
Art Box 5
Now to work on the lid. I used a ledger stencil...I used Viridian for the color. Love the contrast against the yellow
Art Box 7Art Box 8
Next I positioned the Thickers foam letter stickers on the top of the box.
Art Box 9
This next step is where I used the Tim Holtz inks. I just rubbed the ink pad directly onto the thickers. Barn Door First...
Art Box 10
Then Rusty Hinge...love the pop of color with the Lemon Tart and Viridian in the background
Art Box 11
For the ART Letters on the top of the box. I have a whole deck of these letters so I trimmed them down, used a punch at the top, then inked them up and got them all together the way I wanted then used a little metal clamp at the top and glued them down.
Complete 1
Ok so now onto the inside of the box.
The first thing I did was the inside edges of the box using Tuxedo. Then I wanted the inside of the lid to look like a chalkboard.
Art Box 4
For the color, I mixed Trolley Grey and Mint Julep
Art Box 6
I really love how it came out.
This pic is not the greatest but the only one I have at this point in the process. My lighting wasn't right but bare with me...you will see where I am going with this :)
Art Box 13
Now to really get my chalkboard happy.
I got a piece of corrugated cardboard and cut it to fit on the bottom of the chalkboard. I put a base coat of Gesso.
Art Box 15 1
Then painted the Trolley Grey over that after it dried.
Art Box 15
I glued this to the bottom ledge of the chalkboard. Then I broke up a piece of chalk I had and glued that down to the tray.
Art Box 16Next I wrote on the chalkboard with a White Uniball Signo pen. This statement I wrote on the chalkboard is very important to me....Kids need art, and music...We all do!!!!
Art Box 17
Ok so now on to the bottom of the box. I did a google search for vintage art and school supplies. Found some awesome stuff...cut them up...and applied them to the bottom of the box using a gel medium. I LOVE how it came out.
Art Box 18I then added some more things to the chalkboard using rub ons and a cut out of an old chalk box. Then wrote the homework assignment...ART HOMEWORK DUE DAILY!!!!
Complete 5I hope this project inspires you to go make something cool for Back to School. Ill be keeping this full of art supplies and at the ready.
Have a FaBuLoUs Day!!!
10245003_10152030636091451_2121515687_o





No comments:

Post a Comment