1.29.2012

Surrender

So the prompt this week in Book of Days was Surrender.

For so long, I have allowed someone elses dysfunction and constant judgement to occupy entirely too much of my mind and question my own integrity. I decided that I would use the word Surrender to no longer allow this to happen.

The words say, The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind

I surrender to trying to figure out this other persons dysfunction. I will never again let this person affect me in this way. My time is too precious, my life is too good and too happy to allow this type of negativity anywhere in it.
The picture below is the page I did for the word surrender. The second picture is of a blank page. The page is no longer blank, I just don't want to share the things I wrote as they are very personal and meant only for myself as a release to the hold this person has had on me for far too long. As a way to silence my mind.


Surrendering is not always a bad thing, especially when it is freeing you from something that is not good for you.
x0x0x
MadZie

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I LOVE This piece... you are awesome! Thank you so much for following my blog, I just followed you back!
    Happy painting!
    Renee
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee,
      Thank you so much. I love your blog. The brightness of your colors is so inspiring to me. Your art is beautiful. Thank you so much for following me.
      x0x0x
      Monica

      Delete