12.06.2013

Counting The Days To Christmas

Hey there and Happy Snowy Friday!!!
Here is my Design Team project this week for Creative Inspirations Paints and I am definitely counting the days to Christmas.
I will tell you this is not at all what I had originally intended on doing. I just went in a completely different direction LOL.

I started by creating a background print on my Gelli Plate using Garnet and Spring Green. I then used an old cardboard tube to create circles and painted over them with the Garnet and Spring Green. Got out my white signo pen and started doodling and turned the circles into ornaments. I framed the print with the black and white checkerboard Duct Tape.
Here's a picture of the background before adding the tree, and some close up shots showing dimension and the Deliquesce Black Embossing powder.






































 I cut the Christmas tree by hand then covered it in the Resplendence Emerald Glitter, which by the way is so sparklie, then I embellished it with the clear Jeweled Inspirations.

I printed the numbers on cardstock. The numbers are from the Merry and Bright kit (awesome!!!) by Nancy Baumiller at Deviantscrap.com. I painted another piece of cardstock with the CI Sunshine paint then glued the numbers on and recut them. I adhered them to the border with pop dots. The green background paper is a piece of scrapbook paper I had. I inked the edges with a dark green ink pad.

I inked up the chipboard letters then covered them in the CI Deliquesce Black and they came out awesome. This is the best embossing powder I have ever used. I attached a a red ribbon at the top to hang it.

Here's the final piece. It's crazy and colorful and happy like Christmas!!!!























Here are the Creative Inspirations Paints and products I used with this project.  You can find them here. http://www.creativeinspirationspaint.com/






Hope this inspires you to go create something bright and funky.
Merry Christmas
x0x0x
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Girlie! And I'm sure Nancy is thrilled!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... seriously kicks a$$!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete