12.18.2013

HOW BIG IS YOUR BRAVE?

I finished this journal page last night. It started with an amazing Gelli Arts gelli plate print.
I ordered Jill K. Berry's TEXTures 2 stencil set from artistcellar.com and received them in the mail earlier this week. I think I even squeeled when I saw they had come...
Got home last night after a stupid day at work and just had to find my happy place...
I heard this song on the radio last week by Sara Bareilles, BRAVE, and I loved part of the chorus that said, I wanna know, how big is your brave...
It was perfect...

I used pink ink and my ink blender thingy and just started grabbing the TEXTures stencils, in no particular order, and covered the gelli print...that was Monday night. Got home last night and decided to use my black staz on ink pad just around the edges and I LOVEEE how it created another layer. Then out came the stamp..I used a foam stamp for the question mark, from a set I got years ago from Lisa Bearnson....man am I ever glad I got that set of stamps, I think it came with like 38 foam stamps and they are all AMAZING. I use them all the time..then I just used my letter stencil and did the words...
Ran it under my guerilla sewing machine for some texture...then I added the butterflies...I know I know I use butterflies a lot, they just speak to me, and make me happy...
Heres the page...























So there ya have it...
Go have an amazing day...and be brave...no matter what...just be brave...
x0x0x
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Heya, I came over from Pinterest (left you a comment there earlier today).
    A few months ago I did some wall art inspired by that same song!

    Let me see if I can put a picture of it here...

    Nope. Damn.

    Anyway, yeah, love that song. Have you seen the video? It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comment...I havent seen the video Ill have to youtube it...I'd love to see the picture you did...is it on pinterest?

      Delete