3.26.2014

Angel Wings

Hi Everyone...

I have a great project to share with you today.

I have always loved angels. I have always felt them near. I have had more than once miracle in my life, and been through other experiences that I never could have imagined, and my angels have always been with me.

I used the Genuintely Jane Studios Angel Wings wood album for this project.






























First I put down a base of gesso on both sides of each wood piece. Then I used Liquitex heavy modeling paste and my pallette knife to add the texture to the wings. I just kept moving the pallete knife through the paste until I achieved the look I wanted.

I used 3 different shades of gray to obtain the stone look.
I used the ten seconds studio verday paint kit to obtain the patina look on the copper wings.
I used browns and golds on the antiqued wings.

I traced the shape of the wings on cardstock and added extra pages, then printed out the angel prints and cut them to fit on the cardstock, as well as the back of 2 of the angel wings, then mod podged them together. The cardstock pages are nice and thick.
I left a few blank for quotes. More pages can also be added.

I used a macrame lace instead of the metal rings then tied various fibers and lace for the embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by today.
x0x0x
Monica


1 comment:

  1. Love this book Monica! I was so inspired I came up with a great idea and went to order some wings...well, and found lots of other things I want!!! doesn't it figure?! Only thing is I can't get the captcha to work to place an order- any tips? Jackie

    ReplyDelete