3.05.2014

Bird Cage Mini Album

Hi Everyone,

I'm here today to share with you my Genuinely Jane Studios Design Team project this week.

I got to work with the Bird Cage Mini Album and some beautiful papers by The Paper Studio.

The pictures below are in order of the album itself. There are lots of details on each page.
































For the cover, and inside cover, I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Broken China, Weathered Wood, and Picket Fence. I then used a darker blue ink around the cut outs and edges to create depth. I stamped the background with a french script stamp and black Staz On ink. The flowers I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The bird a printable from online. The metal frame and ticket word Story are both also from Tim Holtz, as are the metal pieces I've attached to the fibers hanging from the connector ring.

On the inside pages of this album, I used papers from The Paper Studio Kirby Teesdale 80 paper pad. I loved these papers. The paper is thin, so when I chose the cut outs I wanted to use for the pockets on the pages, I adhered the paper to heavy weight cardstock with Mod Podge so it would hold up. The butterflies you see on the cards and through out the mini album were cut out and done in this manner as well. I also sewed around the edges of all of the papers and sewed the pockets onto the papers before applying them to the wood album with spray on adhesive.

I used The Paper Studio Trims, also some Prima trims and rhinestones, some Glitz Design journaling cards and transparencies.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my album..
x0x0x
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment