7.06.2014

Happy 4th of July...

Hi Everyone...

Monica here with my Art Anthology Design Team project for this week...

It's 4th of July weekend so I wanted to do a project in celebration of our great nation.

I started by creating 2 backgrounds.

One with red and white stripes...for this I used the Art Anthology Sorbet in Big Dip O' Ruby and Mi Bella...I just roughly painted on stripes...then I went to my sewing machine and sewed along the edges of the stripes with red thread.

For the other background I used Art Anthology Sorbet in Honolulu Blue...I love the sparkle and texture in the paint. Then I used a star stencil and a white uniball signo pen to draw the stars all over the page.





Next I grabbed the Sorbet Mi Bella again and with my fingers I just started moving it around on the paper in the shape of a heart, leaving the upper corner alone for the blue. When the Mi Bella was dry I grabbed the Big Dip O' Ruby again and added some on top of the pink in random spots.

I used Art Anthology Velvet paint in Aloha for the blue in the heart. Again just using my finger to move the paint around.

I dipped my finger tip in the Art Anthology Gesso and lightly dabbed the stars on the blue of the heart shaped flag.

I used Art Anthology Sorbet in Black Leather Jacket for the background around the heart.



I then cut the red and white striped background, and the blue background with the stars so they would be off set from the heart and glued them to the back of the heart.



I doodled and wrote on the black background.




I love how this came out. The black background really makes the heart pop.


I hope you are all having a great 4th of July weekend...

Thanks for stopping by
x0x0x
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment