7.19.2014

SOUL SISTER...Mixed Media Canvas....

So this is the second piece in a series I am doing...
my deadline for this project got cut a little short so I have been working all night...

Hope you like her...I LOVE HER....

Hello Beautiful's....
Monica here to share my project this week with you. I have done a mixed media canvas. This is the 2nd in a series I am doing. The first was previously posted as my first project with the Art Anthology Design Team.
First I am going to list the products I used so you can make a list and check off the things you need as I go through my process.
Art Anthology Gesso. Colorations Sprays in Glorious, Juicy, and Patience. Velvet paints in Fiji and Aloha Blue. Sorbet paints in Baby Blue Eyes, Big Dip O Ruby, and Black Leather Jacket. Dimensional Crystal in Blizzard.
2 3
Ok so the first thing I did was Gesso a raw piece of canvas. Then I grabbed a stencil and using Fiji, Aloha, and Baby Blue Eyes I randomly stenciled the colors onto the gesso'd canvas.
4 5
Very cool dimension when it dried. After it dried I sprayed the canvas with Colorations Spray in Glorious
6 7
Now for the background for my piece. I gesso'd the back side of a canvas. Using Colorations Spray in Glorious I sprayed one end heavily, then turned it upside down to get a drip effect. I did the same thing at the opposite end using Juicy...super cool
8 9
I then grabbed a different stencil and the Colorations Spray in Patience and sprayed it through the stencil in the areas not covered by the previous misting. Then, using the same stencil, I applied a heavy gel medium over most of the surface
10 11
So much dimension, and as I dried it with my heat gun, it absorbed the colors from the canvas, and I just love how this came out. Ok onto the rest of the doll...
12
Here is the entire piece finished....
The body was cut from the first piece I stenciled and then I cut a back piece and sewed it together, leaving one edge open for stuffing. I painted the edges black and white for some contrast. Stuffed it, then added the legs as I sewed the remaining seam shut. 
13
The border is a printable that I enhanved the color with some of the Fiji. I glued it down to the edges of the canvas. 
14
The eyes I just printed off the internet and glued down. I outlined the frame of them with the Dimensional Crystal in Blizzard trying to make it look like a window pane.
15
Her legs are from some of the raw canvas I had gesso'd earlier. I used Black Leather Jacket for the polka dots and Big Dip O Ruby for her shoes...
16
I stamped the words onto heavy cardstock then inked the edges and glued them down. 
17
She is a Soul Sister...and I love her...
I hope you are inspired to try multiple surfaces with these awesome products...and I hope you have a FaBuLoUs week...
You can shop for the Art Anthology products I listed above here http://artanthologyinc.com/retailers.html

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the all-nighter work paid off. Love the piece. I keep finding something new to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love her !!! She is soul cool!! xo

    ReplyDelete