3.04.2010

Guest Design Team Challenge from Bad Girls Project 52

Cannot believe I haven't gotten around to posting this yet.
The project that I was a guest designer for over at bad girls was Art Money.
I loved this and it was something I had never done before so yeah, very cool stuff.
check out the 7 requirements over at www.artmoney.org 
Also be sure and check out Project 52 and all the other awesome challenges over at http://www.badgirlskits.com/
Are you BAD enough???

Along with the 7 requirements I also had to incorporate a piece of architecture and use some kind of tape. Masking tape, duct tape, electrical tape etc.












I love the Eiffel Tower and it's my dream someday to go and see it in person.
  •  I cut a piece of heavy card stock to the required size. Sponge brushed modge podge onto the card stock and placed a piece of muslin on top of that. When it dried I trimmed the muslin with pinking sheers.
  • I taped the sticky sides of the masking tape together to make a piece of paper. I then watered down my Gesso a little and applied it to the masking tape paper.
  • I printed out the picture of the Eiffel Tower onto the masking tape paper.
  • I made one layer of the lace border from the unused part of the of the Eiffel Tower print and a border punch.
  • The other lace border was made using another piece of masking tape paper painted with Gesso, and a different border punch.
  • I layered torn strips from an antique book page for the right border
  • I cut 3 different sized heart shapes from fabric and muslin, and also a rose cluster, that were used in the corners. The Paris button was cut from a piece of patterned paper.
  • I printed the serial number, country and year, my name and the www.artmoney.org address onto muslin.
  • Once I had created all of the elements needed, I started layering until I achieved the look I wanted.
I really hope you go check out the website and try to make some art money of your own.
TYFL
x0x0x
Madzie

No comments:

Post a Comment