2.05.2014

Dreams Are Magical

So this week for my design team project I had the Lighthouse mini album from Genuinely Jane Studios http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/newsite/cubecart/index.php?_a=product&product_id=877

I did this mixed media piece on an 11x14 canvas.


LET THE MAGIC OF YOUR DREAMS LIGHT YOUR WAY



I added texture to the entire canvas with a heavy  modeling paste. I used different shades of blue for the base and shading. I then added some ink in blue and green. Once I had the background done, I started working on the lighthouse.

I covered the lighthouse with Liquitex Course Texture Gell, then painted diagonal areas of black and white.I love how the red on the roof is so contrasting to the black and white so I added a little red door just cut from corrugated cardboard.

The images of the whale and girl and clouds I used are from Tumble Fish Studio's Dreams Cloud #9 kit, artist Marsha Slayer Jorgensen over at deviantscrap.com. I covered the whale, the clouds, and the hair of the girl in Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Chandelier. They are super sparkley and magical looking.

I glued the Lighthouse onto the canvas, then added the rocks, which are just from a bag of rocks I picked up in the craft section at Walmart. I then added the whale and the girl, then dry brushed some white highlites around the whale and the waves on the canvas.The last thing I added is the black and white checkered border and lines on the lighthouse. For this I used duct tape!

Close up of Images Dreams Cloud #9 kit by Marsh Slayer Jorgensen Tumble Fish Studios
 deviantscrap.com


  Close up of Lighthouse



 Texture on Light House using Liquitex Course Texture Gel


Background texture using Liquitex Heavy Modeling Paste
                                            
 I had a lot of fun with this project. I hope it inspires you.
Always believe in your dreams and where they can take you.
x0x0x
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment