2.15.2014

I am READY for Spring, with some help from The Crafters Workshop.



Hi everyone, Monica here with a spring filled project for you.

I really try to step outside the box and inspire you all to use products in different ways.

This week I have The Crafters Workshop Mini Bubble Doily (TCW372s) stencil to work with. 




I started by mixing some Liquitex Course Texture Gel and acrylic paint. I used heavy card stock for the base. I applied the colored texture gel with my pallet knife then dried it using my heat gun. I did the same thing with blue paint and the texture gel, and I also did white with the texture gel onto a Gelli Plate background.




















































Once the gel dried I used some Tim Holtz ink over the entire background. Orange with the pink, a darker blue with the blue. I then painted the back of the orange/pink with yellow and the back of the blue with pink.  





























I then, using the stenciled pattern as a guide, cut it into a spiral, while scalloping the edges. I then rolled them into the roses, leaving the textured stencil pattern on the outside...

























The background of the canvas is a Gelli Plate print, the mushrooms are from the Funky Dream Fairies collaboration kit between Marsha Slayer Jorgenson and Nancy Baumiller at deviantscrap.com. The butterfly fairy is from a kit by Kristin Hubick Hello Dollie Nature Fairies available at retrocafeartgallery.com.


The wood tree and birdcage are pieces I picked up at Hobby Lobby  and painted with acrylic paints. 


I had a lot of fun putting this together and love working with The Crafters Workshop stencil.

I'm hoping this project brings Spring a little closer to everyone .

x0x0x
Monica

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Love the flowers. I think I skipped springtime and am already pining for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? This winter has been brutal. I just needed some sign of spring, now I want to get my garden looking like this piece...lol...I cant wait

      Delete