4.06.2014

The Crowning of Spring

Hello beautiful people...

I am so excited to share my Art Anthology project with you all this week.

It has started warming up and after a very long winter, I have been ready for spring. I have had this idea in my head for quite awhile and am thrilled to show you that it has all come together...

I made this chicken wire crown in celebration of Spring.














































  SIDE VIEW OF CHICKEN WIRE SPRING CROWN





 CLOSE UP OF FRONT OF SPRING CROWN

So first I got some chicken wire from the hardware store...
I measured my head just to get a base...then used wire cutters to cut the length I needed.
I wired it together in the back then started cutting away to form the shape I wanted.

This is the starting piece.


 Then I went outside and gathered up some sticks...I Just started weaving them through the crown until I got them where I wanted them.


 Now comes the really fun part...
I started with all white fabric flowers. Fabric rosettes and this really cool roll of lace flowers I found at Hobby Lobby.


 I measured a length to wrap around the base of the crown...then I got out my Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paints



















 I then sprayed the ribbon flowers with Art Anthology Colorations Spray Lark, Waimea Bay, and Ink Spot to get the blue color I wanted. I was going for an ombre look.


 This is what they looked like when dry.






















 I did the same for the purple flowers using Art Anthology Colorations Sprays in Grape Soda, Silk Tie, and Wild Orchid.  For the purple, and pink flowers I used the lace ribbon flowers.



















I used Paprika and Warm in the Colorations Sprays, then I sprayed my craft mat with Hottie and just kind of drug the flowers lightly through the puddle of color on the mat to get some depth.

 For the white flowers, I brushed them with Sorbet Dazzle. Love the antiqued look of them


Here is a shot of all of the flower elements before I started attaching them to the crown, As you can see, with the pink and purple flowers, I cut them apart to get smaller rosette shapes. I also lightly sprayed all of the elements with Colorations Spray in Cinnamon Toast to give them an aged look.


 I had some birds nests that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and I cut one of them in half , and I also had some wood fencing and cut a piece of that. I used the Colorations Spray in Cinnamon Toast to give them a nice rich wood color. The inspire tag I wired on is from Tim Holtz.



























I used some burlap scraps sprayed with Cinnamon Toast to fill the nest a bit for the little eggs.

The bird in the nest is actually from a sticker tag that I had. I stuck the tag to cardstock then cut the bird out.

The small yellow flowers you see in the mix of flowers are paper rose buds from The Paper Studio and they are colored with Colorations Spray in timeless...I did this by spraying it onto my craft mat and absorbing the color into my brush and painting these flowers. They are paper and just absorbed the color...so yummy.

After I got everything attached, I decided to add some butterflies.






















I used a printout then sprayed over the printed butterflies with Waimea Bay for the blue, Patience for the pink, and Guacamole for the green. I love how the colors are so rich, yet transparent enough to see the lines of the butterflies from the original print out. I then inked the edges of them with some Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge.






I attached all of the elements with my hot glue gun as I really wanted them to stay in place, plus I am not patient enough to wait for regular glue to dry lol. I hope this project has inspired you and gotten you excited about Spring. I will be displaying this Spring Crown on my vintage sewing machine table in my entry way. But for now my head will have to do hehe.



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today to check out my project. Please come back and show us what you create to welcome spring into your world.
x0x0x
Monica









1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I discovered your blog via Google while looking for a comparable matter, your web site got here up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. ..Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete