12.22.2011

"Revel in the Moment"

Hi...

So I am taking an online class by the awesome Kelly Kilmer and today I created my journal cover. I used a paper bag for the base...cut it up to the size I wanted then I just sewed the 2 pieces together with my sewing machine...I left the handles on because I totally loved how they look and its really functional...

I used some fabric strips from left over fabric from the other journals I have made...I mod podged them on and it worked great...I used scrapbooking paper for the inside pages and the border is from an old calendar that I have saved. I was sewing around the edge with a zig zag stitch (my fave) to keep the edges down and I didn't stop fast enough when I got to the handles and I broke my sewing machine needle...rawr...Ill go grab some more tomorrow at Walmart.

Can't wait to start working on the journal prompts from Kelly's class and get my journal going...This is the first "prompt" driven journal class I have taken and I'm excited.

Have a great evening
x0x0x
Madzie

No comments:

Post a Comment